Counselling for Adults
Counselling for Adults – People experience stressors and difficulties on a day to day basis. Sometimes these stressors seem manageable and do not pose a major threat to our level of comfort or happiness in life, and at other times we experience them as unbearable or hard to cope with. Most adults have experienced many such periods in life. Some adults have also experienced struggles in the more recent or distant past that have left them feeling sad, confused, angry, or unable to function to their fullest potential. During these difficult times, it can often be helpful for clients to speak with a psychotherapist about these issues in an attempt to better understand themselves, their struggles, and to learn ways to better cope with any difficulties that may arise.
I have experience in the following areas:
- low mood and depressive symptoms
- Relationship issues
- Family of origin dynamics
- School stress and difficulties
- Sexual and physical trauma
- Acculturation and dual cultural identities
- Adoption and blended families
- Dual diagnosis populations
- Self-esteem and body image issues
- Eating Disorders and disordered eating
Please feel free to browse my website and contact me if you have any questions, or if you would like to schedule an appointment.