Ottawa Counselling for Adults
Ottawa Family Therapy
Counselling and Therapy for Children
Counselling and Psychotherapy for Youth
My name is Nasim Mahin and I am a Canadian Certified Counsellor and member of the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association providing psychotherapy services in Ottawa. I hold Bachelors degrees in Psychology and Film Studies from Carleton University, and a Masters degree in Counselling and Spirituality from Saint Paul University.
I have over five years of experience working with children, youth, adults, and families in a variety of therapeutic settings.
I work from a client-centred approach, and strive to create a calm and inviting environment that fosters open communication and expression, and allows for individuals to actualize their self-determined goals.
My unique educational background allows me to utilize films in therapeutic ways to help clients cope with and process their live events. I also like to utilize play, music, and art therapy techniques to help clients work through some of their struggles.
I offer counselling and psychotherapy services in English, Farsi, and Azerbaijani Turkish.
I have experience in the following areas:
- Acculturation and Dual cultural identities
- Adoption and blended families
- Anger and domestic violence
- Eating Disorders and disordered eating
- Family of origin dynamics
- Low mood and depressive symptoms
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder ( PTSD)
- Relationship issues
- Self-esteem and body image issues
- Sexual and physical trauma
- Special needs and dual diagnosis populations/ Caregivers and siblings
Feel free to browse my website to learn more about the different types of services I offer. If you have any further questions or would like to set up an appointment I can be reached via e-mail or telephone – Ottawa Psychotherapy .